- Learn more×Maribel LiebermanPresident and FounderMaribel Lieberman is the driving force behind MarieBelle New York. Born and raised in Honduras, Maribel developed a passion for food, and more precisely chocolate, at a young age. After a successful catering business lead to her first storefront, Lunettes et Chocolat, Maribel opened her flagship store, MarieBelle New York, in 2002. She is currently working on the soon-to-open Cacao Market in Brooklyn and the Japanese transplants of these stores in Kyoto. When not jetting off to Japan or Central America on official chocolate business, Maribel continues her work with the Women in the World Summit, championing female and Latina entrepreneurism. Maribel lives in SoHo in New York City with her husband, artist Jacques Lieberman and their daughter.
- Learn more×Chika HanyuChefChika was born in Tokyo, Japan has worked as a pastry chef all over the world, from Las Vegas to France. She joined the MarieBelle New York team in 2012 and discovered a passion for chocolate. Chika speaks French, Spanish, Japanese and English and loves to work out and practice Zumba.
- Learn more×Rodolfo BorowskiCorporate/Customization ExpertRodolfo was born and raised in Honduras and moved to New York in 2007. He joined the MarieBelle New York team in 2008. He handles corporate and wholesale accounts as well as special events, and has an extensive knowledge of chocolate. Rodolfo is a creative problem-solver and does his best work under pressure. His varied interests include technology, travel, wine, baking and, of course, chocolate.
- Learn more×Lourdes Martinez-BaideRetail ManagerLourdes was born and raised in Honduras and joined MarieBelle New York in 2011 as retail manager. She loves working with people and talking to customers about MarieBelle products. She loves listening to music, classical concerts and operas. She likes to eat healthy food, but doesn’t restrain herself from sneaking dark chocolate.
- Learn more×Jose HernandezGraphic DesignerJose Francisco, also known as Kiko, was born and raised in Honduras and moved to NYC in 2000 to learn English and attend the National Academy School of Fine Arts, where he studied oil painting, sketching and cartooning. Kiko joined MarieBelle New York in 2008 and handles product packaging, web and multimedia design. Kiko's visual aptitudes have him work closely with Maribel to make her ideas come to life. Kiko paints, illustrates books and makes cartoons.
- Learn more×David NovaFulfillment ManagerDavid was born and raised in Dominican Republic, where he graduated from UNAPEC with a degree in Marketing and Sales. David has been in charge of inventory at MarieBelle New York for 10 years. He loves electronics and mechanics.
- Learn more×Gary ChanFinance Manager
Gary, also known as Kit, was born in Taishan, China and moved to New York City in 1988 with his family. He joined MarieBelle New York in 2011 and is passionate about increasing productivity. Gary is a quiet type who loves numbers, cooking and dining out.